Parity Run Database (also called PVDB) stores run related information using mysql. DB is running on cdaqdb1 (alias of cdaqfs1) and mirrored over to hallcdb (read-only slave of the cdaqdb1 master). There are a-rcdb and c-rcdb for Hall A and Hall C, respectively. It utilizes existing rcdb framework that has been developed and used for Hall D. While we keep the same schema from the rcdb, we added some parity conditions such as helicity and spin rotator information. For questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Hall A rcdb home page: (accessible on-site and off-site)
- PVDB git repository: https://github.com/JeffersonLab/pvdb
- RCDB git repository: https://github.com/JeffersonLab/rcdb
Run information is filled at the Start/End of each run as well as after the prompt analysis. For adaq machines, the connection string is set to:
A wrapper script is located at:
Instruction for users
RCDB_CONNECTION is already set on adaq machines to the master DB. To read DB entries from other machines, set it to the read-only copy:
> setenv RCDB_CONNECTION mysql://firstname.lastname@example.org:3306/a-rcdb
How to read from the DB
- using CLI:
To see available options:
PLEASE DO NOT USE "write" or "replace" unless you really need!
> rcnd -h
Print total number of runs and last run number as well as condition names
List condition names (with description)
> rcnd --list
Get a condition value for a given run:
> rcnd run# condition_name ex) > rcnd 2461 run_type
- Using python script
How to add/modify SL's comments for the DB
on the adaq machines, type:
To replace the existing comment, select yes for "Replace Comment?". To combine the existing comment with the new comment, select "no".
If you don't want to submit the comment, just close the window (click X on the top right) and don't click the bottom button.
- May 2019:
- pvdb successfully tested with the parity DAQ. The wrapper scripts are integrated into halogRunStart_parity and halogRunEnd_parity.
- Modified login script to set the environment variables for the connection string and pvdb home on adaq machines.
- June 10, 2019
- After the transition from hcrcdb to cdaqdb1, we set up the database again. Now the database name is a-rcdb.
DB user ‘pvdb’ created with access granted from jlab subnet. Granted all privileges on a-rcdb:
> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `a-rcdb`.* TO ‘pvdb’@’%.jlab.org’; > SHOW GRANTS for pvdb@’%.jlab.org’;
- adaq user account already exists (apcoda - no pw, apar - pw required). Granted ALL privileges on a-rcdb.
- DB structure created:
1) Use get_started.py To create both default rcdb condition types and parity default types (defined in parity_rcdb) > python get_started.py Check with rcnd command: > rcnd (should print conditions)
2) To add new conditon types: Use add_condition_type.py Using CLI (rcnd): >rcnd --create my_value --type string --description "This is my value" ConditionType created with name='my_value', type='string', is_many_per_run='False
- Added condition type "experiment"
- June 11, 2019
- Added conditions "bad_run_flag" and "bad_run_reason" so that users can mark a doubtful run and add the reason for that.
- Added "sl_comment" condition and created gui script for common use. Alias set as "slcomment" and available from any adaq machines.
back to WAC