Parity Run Database stores run related information using mysql. DB is running on cdaqdb1 (alias of cdaqfs1) and mirrored over to hallcdb (read-only slave of the cdaqdb1 master). There are a-rcdb and c-rcdb for Hall A and Hall C, respectively. It utilizes existing rcdb framework that has been developed and used for Hall D. While we keep the default conditions from the rcdb, we also added some parity conditions such as helicity and spin rotator information.
- PVDB git repository: https://github.com/JeffersonLab/pvdb
- RCDB git repository: https://github.com/JeffersonLab/rcdb
- Scripts that are executed at the Start/End of a run:
Instruction for analyzers
- How to read from the DB:
- How to add/modify comments to the DB:
- June 10, 2019
After the transition from hcrcdb to cdaqdb1, we set up the database again.
DB user ‘pvdb’ created accessible from jlab subnet and granted all previlieges on a-rcdb:
> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `a-rcdb`.* TO ‘pvdb’@’%.jlab.org’; > SHOW GRANT for pvdb@’%.jlab.org’;
adaq user account already exists. Granted ALL privileges on a-rcdb.
DB structure created:
1) Use get_started.py To create both default rcdb condition types and parity default types (defined in parity_rcdb) > python get_started.py Check with rcnd command: > rcnd (should print conditions)
2) To add new conditon types: Use add_condition_type.py Using CLI (rcnd): >rcnd --create my_value --type string --description "This is my value" ConditionType created with name='my_value', type='string', is_many_per_run='False
back to WAC