Parity Run Database (also called PVDB) stores run related information using mysql. DB is running on cdaqdb1 (alias of cdaqfs1) and mirrored over to hallcdb (read-only slave of the cdaqdb1 master). There are a-rcdb and c-rcdb for Hall A and Hall C, respectively. It utilizes existing rcdb framework that has been developed and used for Hall D. While we keep the same schema from the rcdb, we added some parity conditions such as helicity and spin rotator information. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hall A rcdb home page: (accessible on-site and off-site)
- PVDB git repository: https://github.com/JeffersonLab/pvdb
- RCDB git repository: https://github.com/JeffersonLab/rcdb
Run information is filled at the Start/End of each run as well as after the prompt analysis. For adaq machines, the connection string is set to:
A wrapper script is located at:
- Scripts that are executed at the Start/End of a run:
Instruction for analyzers
- How to read from the DB:
- How to add/modify comments to the DB:
- May 2019:
- pvdb successfully tested with the parity DAQ. The wrapper scripts are integrated into halogRunStart_parity and halogRunEnd_parity.
- Modified login script to set the environment variables for the connection string and pvdb home on adaq machines.
- June 10, 2019
- After the transition from hcrcdb to cdaqdb1, we set up the database again. New the database name is a-rcdb.
DB user ‘pvdb’ created accessible from jlab subnet and granted all previlieges on a-rcdb:
> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `a-rcdb`.* TO ‘pvdb’@’%.jlab.org’; > SHOW GRANTS for pvdb@’%.jlab.org’;
- adaq user account already exists (apcoda - no pw, apar - pw required). Granted ALL privileges on a-rcdb.
- DB structure created:
1) Use get_started.py To create both default rcdb condition types and parity default types (defined in parity_rcdb) > python get_started.py Check with rcnd command: > rcnd (should print conditions)
2) To add new conditon types: Use add_condition_type.py Using CLI (rcnd): >rcnd --create my_value --type string --description "This is my value" ConditionType created with name='my_value', type='string', is_many_per_run='False
- Added condition type "experiment"
back to WAC