Target density variation check
From PREX Wiki
Revision as of 13:52, 4 September 2019 by Sanghwa
- First measurement 09/02/2019
- HALOG summary
- Target #7 and #10 were checked for current range 5-70uA
- Septum mistuned on purpose in order to reduce rates, T2 trigger is used
- Sieve in
- Clear non-uniformity observed from degraded target (#10) compared to good (still in use) target (#7).
- More visible at higher current, but hint of similar signature of density rearrangement seen at low current.
- Consistent results from both LHRS and RHRS spot data
- Second measurement 09/03/2019
- HALOG summary
- Took high statistics run at very low current (30nA requested), Target #10
- Septum at nominal setting, no Sieve
- Similar result shown in RHRS data as previous high current test
- Different distribution in LHRS is puzzling, might be related to DAQ problem
- Qsq runs 09/03/2019
- 400-500k events for LHRS and RHRS runs during Qsq measurements with various targets (Pb7, 8, 9, 10)
- HALOG run summary
- Consistency between LHRS and RHRS recovered for target #10 
- Summary plots from Qsq runs: 
- Similar signature shown from Target 9 and 10. Target 9 and 10 were used with similar position wrt to collimator center. Later we moved the target ladder horizontally and vertically during repairs while we were running with Target 8.
How to make plots
- full replay macro can be found from:
- To run:
> analyzer -b -q 'get_rastersize.C(run#, first evt, last evt, "outputpath/outputname")'
> analyzer -b -q 'get_rastersize.C(2293, 1, -1, "rootfiles/L2293.root")'
- To draw raster current xy distribution:
> root -b > .L make_2D.C > plot_all("dyn_therm.list") This will create dyn_dens.pdf. To open: > evince dyn_dens.pdf &
- Input file format:
<LHRS run#> <LHRS file path> <RHRS run#> <RHRS file path> <current> <target#>