Target density variation check
- First measurement 09/02/2019
- Summary plots
- HALOG summary
- Target #7 and #10 were checked for current range 5-70uA
- Septum mistuned on purpose in order to reduce rates, T2 trigger is used
- Sieve in
- Clear non-uniformity observed from degraded target (#10) compared to good (still in use) target (#7).
- More visible at higher current, but hint of similar signature of density rearrangement seen at low current.
- Consistent results from both LHRS and RHRS spot data
- Second measurement 09/03/2019
- Qsq runs 09/03/2019
- Summary plots from Qsq runs
- HALOG run summary
- 400-500k events for LHRS and RHRS runs during Qsq measurements with various targets (Pb7, 8, 9, 10)
- Consistency between LHRS and RHRS recovered for target #10
- Similar signature shown from Target 9 and 10. Target 9 and 10 were used with similar position wrt to collimator center. Later we moved the target ladder horizontally and vertically during repairs while we were running with Target 8. -> This is wrong, target repair happens around July 31 which was even before we started using target #9.
- Actually the target ladder realignment was done during Target #9 period. (Aug. 7).
Weibn's simulation study
Simulation check shows that increased thickness in some area of the target resulting increased power to the collimator (and higher effect on radiation). Assuming a donut like shape and factor 2 increase in the thickness in the outer area compared to the center, this brings the collimator power by factor ~3 (compared 1st and 4th row).
How to make plots
- full replay macro can be found from:
- To run:
> analyzer -b -q 'get_rastersize.C(run#, first evt, last evt, "outputpath/outputname")'
> analyzer -b -q 'get_rastersize.C(2293, 1, -1, "rootfiles/L2293.root")'
- To draw raster current xy distribution:
> root -b > .L make_2D.C > plot_all("dyn_therm.list") This will create dyn_dens.pdf. To open: > evince dyn_dens.pdf &
- Input file format:
<LHRS run#> <LHRS file path> <RHRS run#> <RHRS file path> <current> <target#>
- or, draw directly from tree (adjust bin low/upper limit as needed):
> T->Draw("Rrb.Raster2.rawcur.y:Rrb.Raster2.rawcur.x >> h(100, 0, 1.e5, 100, 0, 1.e5)", "", "colz") > T->Draw("Lrb.Raster2.rawcur.x:Lrb.Raster2.rawcur.y >> h(100, 0, 1.e5, 100, 0, 1.e5)", "", "colz")