WAC Notes November 12 2020
|RCDB||HALOG||HAPLOG||DocDB||Online Prompt||BlueJeans Link||Runlist spreadsheet|
Each WAC will suggest changes for their run period, which will be discussed at this meeting:
Beginning of run period 2 - Slug 186
Beginning of the second run period. It is in identical conditions to how we left in March.
- The pedestals were obtained AFTER the run began, so the first set of pedestals (or global pedestals) need to be updated and back-propagated to this run period as well.
Cuts: Stability cuts were removed, due to the FFB noise in BPM Ys - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3824620
- Slug 186 - 7626 - was not included before - is the very first run, it has 5 sigma Aq (no Aq feedback) and FFB commissioning/noise, but otherwise is fine
- Slug 186 - 7627 - was included before - Has 2 sigma Aq (bad Aq feedback). Also, FFB turning on an off is a mess, but as far as I can tell, there is no negative impact on slopes or corrections (so it should be tolerated)
- Slug 186 - 7628 - needs cuts - One very brief 1.5 mm 12X jump
- Slug 186 - 7630 - needs cuts - Another brief 1.5 mm 12X jump
- Slug 186 - 7631 - needs cuts - Another brief 1.5 mm 12X jump
- Slug 186 - 7632 - Really huge FFB noise... is it worth keeping the 150um + BPM Y RMS data? X is OK.
- Slug 186 - 7634 - Really huge FFB noise still
- Slug 186 - 7635 - BPM 1 YP wire looks fishy, otherwise OK. Some BPM 12X noise, very brief. Same FFB noise problems as before.
Day 2 - Slug 187
After a day of work we get more data, with still bad FFB for a while and adjusting tunes.
Also, counting mode alignment run verified the HRSs see different accepted rates (same positions as March running) - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3825555
- Slug 187 - 7657 - was marked as suspicious - Just normally noisy run, should be fine.
- Slug 187 - 7658 - expect detector slopes to change, as there was a gang phase adjustment. Compton rates and BPM noise gets muuuch better
Relatively stable running, FFB is now less problematic (still not great) - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3826256
- Slug 188 - 7681 - Some BPM 12X large noise
- Need global cuts on ATs