WAC Notes November 12 2020
|RCDB||HALOG||HAPLOG||DocDB||Online Prompt||BlueJeans Link||Runlist spreadsheet|
- 1 Organization
- 2 Updates on action items from 5 November
- 3 Suggested Changes
- 4 General
- 5 Attendence
Updates on action items from 5 November
- Weibin: stability cuts map files
- Robert and Paul: burp cuts
- Special cuts for runs 6852, 7860, 8321, 8507, and more? Coming from injector conditions, etc. These should be verified. Also run 7402 needs an individual file due to IHWP change. Make sure we have a list of any runs that need "chainfiles" set since submission script needs to be special too.
- 6852 - /adaqfs/home/apar/PREX/japan_WAC_only/Parity/prminput/eventNumberCut.6852.conf # Cuts to keep only evnts with Ca-48 target in position - cut out event=20000:
- 7402 - /adaqfs/home/apar/PREX/japan_WAC_only/Parity/prminput/prex_bad_events.7402.map #HWP changed after starting the run - cut out 0:2000
- 7860 (blinder.force-target-blindable=1)
- 8321 (chainfiles=1)
- 8507 - /adaqfs/home/apar/PREX/japan_WAC_only/Parity/prminput/eventNumberCut.8507.conf # Cuts to keep only events with Ca-40 target in position - cut out event=20000:, blinder.force-target-out=1
- and more? Coming from injector conditions, etc.
- Cameron and Amali: new pedestals
- Paul: Analog US-DS event level bcm combo with ~0.5% burp cut, others? Possibly analogs vs. digitals too. Someone can hunt specific events to cut for BCMs.
- Cameron: save changes from the end of CREX running to Operations
- Other updates
Each WAC will suggest changes for their run period, which will be discussed at this meeting:
Beginning of run period 2 - Slug 186
Beginning of the second run period. It is in identical conditions to how we left in March.
- The pedestals were obtained AFTER the run began, so the first set of pedestals (or global pedestals) need to be updated and back-propagated to this run period as well.
Cuts: Stability cuts were removed, due to the FFB noise in BPM Ys - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3824620
- Slug 186 - 7626 - was not included before - is the very first run, it has 5 sigma Aq (no Aq feedback) and FFB commissioning/noise, but otherwise is fine
- Slug 186 - 7627 - was included before - Has 2 sigma Aq (bad Aq feedback). Also, FFB turning on an off is a mess, but as far as I can tell, there is no negative impact on slopes or corrections (so it should be tolerated)
- Slug 186 - 7628 - needs cuts - One very brief 1.5 mm 12X jump
- Slug 186 - 7630 - needs cuts - Another brief 1.5 mm 12X jump
- Slug 186 - 7631 - needs cuts - Another brief 1.5 mm 12X jump
- Slug 186 - 7632 - Really huge FFB noise... is it worth keeping the 150um + BPM Y RMS data? X is OK. - Probably OK
- Slug 186 - 7634 - Really huge FFB noise still
- Slug 186 - 7635 - BPM 1 YP wire looks fishy, otherwise OK. Some BPM 12X noise, very brief. Same FFB noise problems as before.
Day 2 - Slug 187
After a day of work we get more data, with still bad FFB for a while and adjusting tunes.
Also, counting mode alignment run verified the HRSs see different accepted rates (same positions as March running) - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3825555
- Slug 187 - 7657 - was marked as suspicious - Just normally noisy run, should be fine actually.
- Slug 187 - 7658 - expect detector slopes to change, as there was a gang phase adjustment. Compton rates and BPM noise gets muuuch better
Relatively stable running, FFB is now less problematic (still not great) - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3826256
- Slug 188 - 7681 - Some BPM 12X large noise
Moller quad gets tuned before 7693 - note that we do change which set of coils is used for BMOD analysis and this may be the time that happened? - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3826547
- Slug 188 - 7701 - needs burp cut change - Final FFB on run, has hairy noise (burp cut??) that gets cut too often
BPMs are highly correlated (more so than in prior run periods, killed Japan regression until a code change to make that feature ignored) - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3826978
FFB Off begins now, meaning dpp drifts are a major concern and should be tracked in 12X studies and counting Q2 impacts.
There is another, temporary moller quad tune for the second half of slug 189, and 190 (except for final run 7759) - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3827664
- Slug 189 - 7707 - BPMs 12 and 11 have a weird motion to them... probably real?
- Slug 189-LHRS only - 7716, 7717 - both runs are LHRS only (and so is the last half of 7715, which is currently set to all cut out) - is it worth it to keep these runs by themselves? Probably yes, just need to be careful as in PREX times. Map files treat them correctly (not blinded, not normalized - adding 2nd half of 7715 would require a separate analysis + map files treatment).
- Slug 189 - 7718 - needs improvement - BPM noise is larger I guess, and causes burp cut to slice away a lot of the events
- Slug 189 - 7734 - New Moller quads tune, slopes/sensitivities likely change a lot. Large Aq, but it's OK. BMOD looks reasonable - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3827755
Continue the new moller quads tune
- Slug 190 - 7742 - Some BPM 12X jumps that are annoying, but probably OK.
- Slug 190 - 7759 - Back to original Moller quads tune (expect new slopes and individual run ranged slopes, or merge with 191) - also saw cycling of Septum magnets (which hadn't been done for the rest of 190 and some runs before too...) - also this run has 12X shifts that may require cutting
First indication that the BCM temperatures are not proper (too high, consistent though) - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3828222
The septum had not been cycled - potentially concerning, given the Septum field maps being a cause for concern in simulation land for CREX and the Tune P not scaling up from PREX II to CREX - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3828323
Hall A Dpp shenanigans begin - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3828490
LHRS only slug, treated correctly with no blinder + no normalization
- Slug 191 - 7760, 7762, 7763, 7764, 7765, 7766 - All have more 12X shifts and quick jumps that may require cutting or scrutiny
Devi makes an initial detector move to make the two arms match - This should probably denote an expected slope change, and maybe pedestals as well - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3828811, https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3828828, https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3828943
Dithering slopes history looks good - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3829262
Midway through this day I removed the burp cut (retroactively) to preserve BMOD coil 6 data ... this may show up in respin data as MORE problem burps showing up that had been being cut out in prompt plots
- Slug 192 - 7779 - First run with new alignment (i.e. new pedestals would start here, midway through the slug).
- Slug 192 - 7783 - More small 12X jumps, generally every run has some...
- Slug 192 - 7785 - Larger, but short 12X jumps, needs cut, nontrivial Aq, but OK
- Slug 192 - 7799 - skip over many runs for slug 193.... should we just split the slugs rather than have these hybrid ones?
- Slug 192 - 7803 - Larger, but short 12X jumps, needs cut, may need event cut at the end, as the energy noise really gets to be a mess here.
Takes place in the middle of slug 192 (maybe we should just actually split 192)?
- Slug 193 - 7795 - Large 12X jumps, needs cut
- Slug 193 - 7796 - Large 12X jumps, needs cut
- Slug 193 - 7798 - Marked as bad - it's a 1000 pattern run, but maybe OK? Needs to be compared to neighboring slopes, etc. I guess - Keep it bad for now, respin it though
Most runs have weird hairy noise in BPM Ys, but not really a problem hopefully? (7816 example)
- Slug 194 - 7807 - Has a global cut on ATs for this one run (but it can be overwritten with a global run range cut on ATs... nothing super special about this run other than that it needs the extra cut for sure)
- Slug 194 - 7809 - Shift in 12X, may need attention, may also need cuts for the additional shift short jumps
- Slug 194 - 7810 - brief 12X jumps (need open runranged cuts probably)
End Cameron's tenure as WAC, midway through slug 194 and 195 both
Takes place in the midst of slug 195... overlapping twice
- Slug 195 - 7386 - 12X hair, needs cuts maybe
end Cameron's tenure as WAC
- Slug 195 - 7842 - big jump in 12X, may require separately analyzing (different slopes) or jettisoning the first half of the run - I think the solution in online analysis was to cut out the middle part just right to produce separate miniruns well separated
Tracking events and calibrations:
- Global run list - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l5qA0u9KhLIFA-MbcEpI3ezUD9saq6g1kzB_eTJD_po/edit#gid=192113375
- Special runs and events list - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mt39fCuIW3Pr8TO7fzhtFjmMFt4Op30jMm5wMQke6Xo/edit#gid=0
- Calibration runs analysis list - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mt39fCuIW3Pr8TO7fzhtFjmMFt4Op30jMm5wMQke6Xo/edit#gid=598758666
- CREX PQB sheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IXYl7AnaxCbTfQwMgTbbUlGdmMqnLQiTY1WADiEt-yE/edit#gid=179750759
- Need global cuts on ATs
- Run 8107 is likely a "good" production run, but was labelled as a pedestal run
Weibin's stability/burp cuts info:
- Weibin harvested the cut levels from map files and sees that there is a only one BCM with stability and no burp cuts.
- And the BPMs trade burp from 4aeXY to 12X only at some point, but it needs to be clarified.
- Victoria says this has to do with BMOD having some data get cut that shouldn't have.
- Paul says he and Robert were working on getting the stability/burp cut map files to work correctly, which will require some spot checking to see if anything changes severely
- Recall why changes in cuts took place during running.
- We should, before respin 1, spot check a consistent set of burp cuts, scan over current good-events statistics, count how many 12X events we expect to get cut out, and then see if that is matched by a respin 1.
- Checking the runs in slug 186 to see if it works there would be a good testing grounds
- Also 7701 and 7718
Get pedestals set properly for initial part of the run - decide after respin whether to keep 7626
- 7626 - decide after respin
- 7627 - good
Cameron, Amali, Devi, Adam, Victoria, Iris, Paul, Ryan, Sakib, Weibin