Difference between revisions of "WAC Notes October 30 2019"

From PREX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Attendance)
m (Agenda)
 
(10 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 22: Line 22:
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
 
Lets follow up on Tao's summarized spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1Y6qR_h4oW4qNmbtdpo2TIX2u_TI5qjRUZIDyEroMfl0/edit#gid=0
 
Lets follow up on Tao's summarized spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1Y6qR_h4oW4qNmbtdpo2TIX2u_TI5qjRUZIDyEroMfl0/edit#gid=0
 +
 +
And lets look at the updates to RCDB logged here https://github.com/leafybillow/check-list/commit/512908a1a0ba7a1993db7d60c0fde4078b902e48
  
 
== Issues Done ==
 
== Issues Done ==
Line 29: Line 31:
 
== Issues Pending ==
 
== Issues Pending ==
 
* Update slugs with accurate RCDB/disagreements - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1Y6qR_h4oW4qNmbtdpo2TIX2u_TI5qjRUZIDyEroMfl0/edit#gid=0
 
* Update slugs with accurate RCDB/disagreements - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1Y6qR_h4oW4qNmbtdpo2TIX2u_TI5qjRUZIDyEroMfl0/edit#gid=0
** Some mis-labelled runs
+
** Tao had sent a github link ([https://github.com/leafybillow/check-list/commit/512908a1a0ba7a1993db7d60c0fde4078b902e48?diff=split]) showing changes in the runlists, including some run flags that weren't updated in RCDB.
** Some runs with NeedsCuts should be addressed at next week's meeting - put your suggestions into the spreadsheet
+
** WACs should try to update their runs in RCDB again.
** Some runs have disagreeing RCDB/slow tree EPICs data - this needs to be checked carefully and have the Blinder state forced in a separate map
+
** We also still need to ensure that all of the runs with RCDB/slowtree mismatches have blinder map files if needed.  '''WACs should add a comment to that sheet for runs that still need to have the blinder forced.'''
 
* Aq failure/large charge asymmetry solution:
 
* Aq failure/large charge asymmetry solution:
** We should check the pockels cell voltages to see if Aq was trying to be on/when it turns on
+
** Weibin and Cameron will use the Aq feedback logs to check if the large Aq runs should be cut due to feedback being off -> run list (see rootfile in /adaqfs/home/apar/weibin/Aq_FB)
** We should look at the feedback log during these runs to see if it was updating
+
*  '''Paul''' will make a special setup script on adaq machines to analyze prex2 runs after the data directory move
** If no Aq feedback running then probably ignore the run
+
**  In the meantime, you can use "setenv QW_DATA /adaq2/data1/"
** Otherwise check when Aq feedback turns back on and see in a prof plot once it converges (by eye) in order to begin accepting data
+
** We should check all "bad" run comments to see if they were marked as bad due to Aq failure and re-consider them
+
** Weibin will go and look at Aq feedback logs to get this information at first order -> run list (see rootfile in /adaqfs/home/apar/weibin/Aq_FB)
+
*  '''Paul''' will make a special setup script on adaq machines to analyze prex2 runs after tha data directory move
+
  
 
== Planned Updates ==
 
== Planned Updates ==
 
=== Event cuts ===
 
=== Event cuts ===
 
*  Weibin has surveyed the event cuts (see rootfile in /adaqfs/home/apar/weibin/runcuts)
 
*  Weibin has surveyed the event cuts (see rootfile in /adaqfs/home/apar/weibin/runcuts)
**  We should fix the "repeated setting" files, or remove them if they don't have other substantive changes.
+
**  We should fix the "repeated setting" files, or remove them if they don't have other substantive changes. '''Fixed'''
**  We should standardize the beam current cut on the normailzing BCM as being 15uA below the nominal beam current.
+
**  We should standardize the beam current cut on the normalizing BCM as being 15uA below the nominal beam current.
 +
***  '''Robert'''  will make a list of the runs that are the transitions between "50uA", "70uA", and "85uA".
 
**  The stability cut and burp cut settings on BPMs are kind of messy.  Should we try to clean them up?  '''Cameron''' will look particularly at runs 3450-3452 and a few isolated runs.
 
**  The stability cut and burp cut settings on BPMs are kind of messy.  Should we try to clean them up?  '''Cameron''' will look particularly at runs 3450-3452 and a few isolated runs.
 +
*** There was a time when burp cuts needed to change scale selectively on different channels, see note here: https://prex.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/WAC_Notes_August_23_2019#Issues
  
 
=== Pedestals ===
 
=== Pedestals ===
Line 58: Line 58:
 
* Cameron has reproduced Catherine's BCM systematics vs. normalizer/Aq BCM, but now with DDs in it too - this lives in a parallel folder to the main slug plots (called PQB)
 
* Cameron has reproduced Catherine's BCM systematics vs. normalizer/Aq BCM, but now with DDs in it too - this lives in a parallel folder to the main slug plots (called PQB)
 
* Victoria and W&M students are running with this and making diagnostics about systematic control on Aq
 
* Victoria and W&M students are running with this and making diagnostics about systematic control on Aq
* Devaki has revisited up-to-date JAPAN operations map files, made summary list of normalizing BCM in run list and compared conclusion from different sources. http://ace.phys.virginia.edu/HAPPEX/3915
+
**  They've started by trying to look at the aggregated values, but Kent suggests looking at individual runs or miniruns to look at the noise levels in certain BCMs
 +
* Devika is working on getting the list of which BCMs were working at which times, and will communicate with Victoria and Zeke
  
 
=== Including Dithering as Production Data ===
 
=== Including Dithering as Production Data ===
 +
*  Victoria has a list of "blessed slopes" for the whole PREX-II data set.  Right now it is in a spreadsheet; she and Paul will discuss how to use this in the respin most easily
 
* Victoria will use cuts to investigate how it looks to include the dithering data (that was cut before) as production data
 
* Victoria will use cuts to investigate how it looks to include the dithering data (that was cut before) as production data
 +
**  They have a set of event-cut choices that work with the prompt analysis, but due to analysis changes that occurred during the run it may not work as-is for the respin
  
 
===  Farm analysis ===
 
===  Farm analysis ===
* Devi asked about how to get access to the data from the farm.  It's on the cache and we'll put some instructions up soon
+
* Devi asked about how to get access to the data from the farm.  It's on the cache and we'll put some instructions up soon
 +
*  Robert needs some help in getting the webpages set up for the respin.  Weibin will work with him
 +
 
 +
=== Stuff needed for respin ===
 +
*  List of runs we want to analyze
 +
*  Adjusted BCM cuts to be 15uA below nominal
 +
*  Fix the pedestal file ranges (and understand big jumps in pedestal values)
 +
*  Any changes in event cuts needed?
 +
*  Dither corrections ready to be done for all runs
  
 
== Attendance ==
 
== Attendance ==
Cameron, Ryan, Weibin, Devi, Dmitry
+
Cameron, Ryan, Weibin, Devi, Dmitry, Tao
  
Phone:  Victoria, Zeke, Caryn, Robert, Paul K.
+
Phone:  Victoria, Zeke, Caryn, Robert, Paul K., Kent
 
[[Category:WAC]]
 
[[Category:WAC]]

Latest revision as of 14:22, 31 October 2019

Documentation
HOW TOs for shift crew
Expert Tools
All Expert Contacts



PREX Main << Weekly Analysis Coordinator << WAC Notes << Instructions

WAC Notes October 23 2019 << >> WAC Notes November 6 2019

October 23th 2019

Daily Meeting BlueJeans

Agenda

Lets follow up on Tao's summarized spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1Y6qR_h4oW4qNmbtdpo2TIX2u_TI5qjRUZIDyEroMfl0/edit#gid=0

And lets look at the updates to RCDB logged here https://github.com/leafybillow/check-list/commit/512908a1a0ba7a1993db7d60c0fde4078b902e48

Issues Done

  • A bunch of runs from the spreadsheet have been investigated
  • Some tools for investigating runs have been developed by Tao and others (in various repositories, should be joined into JAPAN soon)

Issues Pending

  • Update slugs with accurate RCDB/disagreements - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1Y6qR_h4oW4qNmbtdpo2TIX2u_TI5qjRUZIDyEroMfl0/edit#gid=0
    • Tao had sent a github link ([1]) showing changes in the runlists, including some run flags that weren't updated in RCDB.
    • WACs should try to update their runs in RCDB again.
    • We also still need to ensure that all of the runs with RCDB/slowtree mismatches have blinder map files if needed. WACs should add a comment to that sheet for runs that still need to have the blinder forced.
  • Aq failure/large charge asymmetry solution:
    • Weibin and Cameron will use the Aq feedback logs to check if the large Aq runs should be cut due to feedback being off -> run list (see rootfile in /adaqfs/home/apar/weibin/Aq_FB)
  • Paul will make a special setup script on adaq machines to analyze prex2 runs after the data directory move
    • In the meantime, you can use "setenv QW_DATA /adaq2/data1/"

Planned Updates

Event cuts

  • Weibin has surveyed the event cuts (see rootfile in /adaqfs/home/apar/weibin/runcuts)
    • We should fix the "repeated setting" files, or remove them if they don't have other substantive changes. Fixed
    • We should standardize the beam current cut on the normalizing BCM as being 15uA below the nominal beam current.
      • Robert will make a list of the runs that are the transitions between "50uA", "70uA", and "85uA".
    • The stability cut and burp cut settings on BPMs are kind of messy. Should we try to clean them up? Cameron will look particularly at runs 3450-3452 and a few isolated runs.

Pedestals

  • Devi has made log entries on this:
    • We should look at all of the calibration runs/condition changes and make sure that the pedestals calculated accurately reflect the conditions during that time
    • We should make sure that all pedestal changes are well motivated and no calibration runs were neglected
    • We should make sure that early runs aren't missing pedestals that may currently have later run ranges (Due to late application)
  • Robert has made a log entry on identifying pedestal changes across runs http://ace.phys.virginia.edu/HAPPEX/3917

BCM normalizer, systematic control, etc.

  • Cameron has reproduced Catherine's BCM systematics vs. normalizer/Aq BCM, but now with DDs in it too - this lives in a parallel folder to the main slug plots (called PQB)
  • Victoria and W&M students are running with this and making diagnostics about systematic control on Aq
    • They've started by trying to look at the aggregated values, but Kent suggests looking at individual runs or miniruns to look at the noise levels in certain BCMs
  • Devika is working on getting the list of which BCMs were working at which times, and will communicate with Victoria and Zeke

Including Dithering as Production Data

  • Victoria has a list of "blessed slopes" for the whole PREX-II data set. Right now it is in a spreadsheet; she and Paul will discuss how to use this in the respin most easily
  • Victoria will use cuts to investigate how it looks to include the dithering data (that was cut before) as production data
    • They have a set of event-cut choices that work with the prompt analysis, but due to analysis changes that occurred during the run it may not work as-is for the respin

Farm analysis

  • Devi asked about how to get access to the data from the farm. It's on the cache and we'll put some instructions up soon
  • Robert needs some help in getting the webpages set up for the respin. Weibin will work with him

Stuff needed for respin

  • List of runs we want to analyze
  • Adjusted BCM cuts to be 15uA below nominal
  • Fix the pedestal file ranges (and understand big jumps in pedestal values)
  • Any changes in event cuts needed?
  • Dither corrections ready to be done for all runs

Attendance

Cameron, Ryan, Weibin, Devi, Dmitry, Tao

Phone: Victoria, Zeke, Caryn, Robert, Paul K., Kent