WAC Notes October 30 2019
|HOW TOs for shift crew|
|All Expert Contacts|
October 23th 2019
Daily Meeting BlueJeans
Lets follow up on Tao's summarized spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1Y6qR_h4oW4qNmbtdpo2TIX2u_TI5qjRUZIDyEroMfl0/edit#gid=0
- A bunch of runs from the spreadsheet have been investigated
- Some tools for investigating runs have been developed by Tao and others (in various repositories, should be joined into JAPAN soon)
- Update slugs with accurate RCDB/disagreements - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1Y6qR_h4oW4qNmbtdpo2TIX2u_TI5qjRUZIDyEroMfl0/edit#gid=0
- Tao had sent a github link () showing changes in the runlists, including some run flags that weren't updated in RCDB.
- WACs should try to update their runs in RCDB again.
- We also still need to ensure that all of the runs with RCDB/slowtree mismatches have blinder map files if needed. WACs should add a comment to that sheet for runs that still need to have the blinder forced.
- Aq failure/large charge asymmetry solution:
- Weibin and Cameron will use the Aq feedback logs to check if the large Aq runs should be cut due to feedback being off -> run list (see rootfile in /adaqfs/home/apar/weibin/Aq_FB)
- Paul will make a special setup script on adaq machines to analyze prex2 runs after the data directory move
- In the meantime, you can use "setenv QW_DATA /adaq2/data1/"
- Weibin has surveyed the event cuts (see rootfile in /adaqfs/home/apar/weibin/runcuts)
- We should fix the "repeated setting" files, or remove them if they don't have other substantive changes. Fixed
- We should standardize the beam current cut on the normalizing BCM as being 15uA below the nominal beam current.
- Robert will make a list of the runs that are the transitions between "50uA", "70uA", and "85uA".
- The stability cut and burp cut settings on BPMs are kind of messy. Should we try to clean them up? Cameron will look particularly at runs 3450-3452 and a few isolated runs.
- Devi has made log entries on this:
- We should look at all of the calibration runs/condition changes and make sure that the pedestals calculated accurately reflect the conditions during that time
- We should make sure that all pedestal changes are well motivated and no calibration runs were neglected
- We should make sure that early runs aren't missing pedestals that may currently have later run ranges (Due to late application)
- Robert has made a log entry on identifying pedestal changes across runs http://ace.phys.virginia.edu/HAPPEX/3917
BCM normalizer, systematic control, etc.
- Cameron has reproduced Catherine's BCM systematics vs. normalizer/Aq BCM, but now with DDs in it too - this lives in a parallel folder to the main slug plots (called PQB)
- Victoria and W&M students are running with this and making diagnostics about systematic control on Aq
- Devaki has revisited up-to-date JAPAN operations map files, made summary list of normalizing BCM in run list and compared conclusion from different sources. http://ace.phys.virginia.edu/HAPPEX/3915
Including Dithering as Production Data
- Victoria will use cuts to investigate how it looks to include the dithering data (that was cut before) as production data
- Devi asked about how to get access to the data from the farm. It's on the cache and we'll put some instructions up soon
Cameron, Ryan, Weibin, Devi, Dmitry, Tao
Phone: Victoria, Zeke, Caryn, Robert, Paul K., Kent