WAC Notes October 30 2019
|HOW TOs for shift crew|
|All Expert Contacts|
October 23th 2019
Daily Meeting BlueJeans
Lets follow up on Tao's summarized spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1Y6qR_h4oW4qNmbtdpo2TIX2u_TI5qjRUZIDyEroMfl0/edit#gid=0
- A bunch of runs from the spreadsheet have been investigated
- Some tools for investigating runs have been developed by Tao and others (in various repositories, should be joined into JAPAN soon)
- Update slugs with accurate RCDB/disagreements - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1Y6qR_h4oW4qNmbtdpo2TIX2u_TI5qjRUZIDyEroMfl0/edit#gid=0
- Tao had sent a github link () showing changes in the runlists, including some run flags that weren't updated in RCDB.
- WACs should try to update their runs in RCDB again.
- We also still need to ensure that all of the runs with RCDB/slowtree mismatches have blinder map files if needed. WACs should add a comment to that sheet for runs that still need to have the blinder forced.
- Aq failure/large charge asymmetry solution:
- Weibin and Cameron will use the Aq feedback logs to check if the large Aq runs should be cut due to feedback being off -> run list (see rootfile in /adaqfs/home/apar/weibin/Aq_FB)
- Paul will make a special setup script on adaq machines to analyze prex2 runs after the data directory move
- In the meantime, you can use "setenv QW_DATA /adaq2/data1/"
- Weibin has surveyed the event cuts (see rootfile in /adaqfs/home/apar/weibin/runcuts)
- We should fix the "repeated setting" files, or remove them if they don't have other substantive changes. Fixed
- We should standardize the beam current cut on the normalizing BCM as being 15uA below the nominal beam current.
- Robert will make a list of the runs that are the transitions between "50uA", "70uA", and "85uA".
- The stability cut and burp cut settings on BPMs are kind of messy. Should we try to clean them up? Cameron will look particularly at runs 3450-3452 and a few isolated runs.
- Devi has made log entries on this:
- We should look at all of the calibration runs/condition changes and make sure that the pedestals calculated accurately reflect the conditions during that time
- We should make sure that all pedestal changes are well motivated and no calibration runs were neglected
- We should make sure that early runs aren't missing pedestals that may currently have later run ranges (Due to late application)
- Robert has made a log entry on identifying pedestal changes across runs http://ace.phys.virginia.edu/HAPPEX/3917
BCM normalizer, systematic control, etc.
- Cameron has reproduced Catherine's BCM systematics vs. normalizer/Aq BCM, but now with DDs in it too - this lives in a parallel folder to the main slug plots (called PQB)
- Victoria and W&M students are running with this and making diagnostics about systematic control on Aq
- They've started by trying to look at the aggregated values, but Kent suggests looking at individual runs or miniruns to look at the noise levels in certain BCMs
- Devika is working on getting the list of which BCMs were working at which times, and will communicate with Victoria and Zeke
Including Dithering as Production Data
- Victoria has a list of "blessed slopes" for the whole PREX-II data set. Right now it is in a spreadsheet; she and Paul will discuss how to use this in the respin most easily
- Victoria will use cuts to investigate how it looks to include the dithering data (that was cut before) as production data
- They have a set of event-cut choices that work with the prompt analysis, but due to analysis changes that occurred during the run it may not work as-is for the respin
- Devi asked about how to get access to the data from the farm. It's on the cache and we'll put some instructions up soon
- Robert needs some help in getting the webpages set up for the respin. Weibin will work with him
Stuff needed for respin
- List of runs we want to analyze
- Adjusted BCM cuts to be 15uA below nominal
- Fix the pedestal file ranges (and understand big jumps in pedestal values)
- Any changes in event cuts needed?
- Dither corrections ready to be done for all runs
Cameron, Ryan, Weibin, Devi, Dmitry, Tao
Phone: Victoria, Zeke, Caryn, Robert, Paul K., Kent