PREX/CREX Jun 15 2017 11:00am EDT
From PREX Wiki
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 PARTICIPANT CODE: 913380354# Room IRL: CEBAF F228
- Ciprian: fringe field modeling slides
- CG: it seems the fringe fields from the Q1 might help with the radiation inside the hall
- KP: Jay has a tech note out with concerns related to the Q1 fields. Some of them are not relevant to us and we should make it clear when speaking to Thia and others.
- KP: with a tapered septum pipe we may be able to shield better the fringe field for CREX and then the Q1 fringe would hurt us on radiation. We should evaluate this to know for sure.
- Ciprian: Other
- CG: ready with preliminary version of RSAD
- CG: Running simulation to see the effect of keeping the aperture (donut) in on the ion chambers
- CG: Took pictures of the septum haplog3428. Jack remembered that we need to fabricate another coil, however on closer inspection of the septum he noticed that things looked ok. He will investigate. The septum beam pipe is being held by RadCon because of activation. Dave pointed out that trying to reuse it (which we don't want since it's stainless steel) would not be ALARA.
- CG: Thia announced officially that the call for beam requests will be go out on July 1st and the deadline will be July 31st. She also pointed out that the report on the PREX/CREX ERR is out (she reminded Jessie that one of the recommendations is to rad harden the cooling hoses on Q1).
Ciprian G, Tyler K, Bob M, Tao Y, Fernando Araiza, Paul S, Dustin M, Kent P, Caryn P, Guido U, Mark P,
Dave G, Silviu D, Victoria O., Sanghwa P