Full Shift Checklist
From PREX Wiki
Revision as of 09:32, 11 July 2019 by Cameronc
This is just where I have documented changes to the shift checklist! Not really useful for anything else.
Entering shift info
- Shift leader
- Target operator
- Analysis expert Suggest remove
- Shift (day, swing, or owl)
- Enter the names of the shift workers (Shift leader, Target operator, Analysis expert) We don't require an Analysis Expert so we should remove it from here
- Indicate which shift the checklist is for (day, swing, or owl)
- Is alarm handler running on hacweb7? Modify to: Is hall alarm handler running on hacweb7?
- Add: Is experimental alarm handler running on hacweb7?
- Beam Energy (GeV) Suggest remove
- Beam current (µA)
- Downstream raster (B) on? Yes/No
- Raster size (x:y mm, see log 3654466 )?
- Fast feedback on? Yes/No
- Beam Position Monitor X/Y (mm) A
- Beam Position Monitor X/Y (mm) E (BPM B in Hall A Tools)
- Add: Are Compton slow locks functioning?
- Add: Are target slow locks functioning?
- Add: Is the energy lock on?
- BCM temperature (K) (PV, PS, Thermocouple) If these differ by +/-.5 from (110.0,110.0,115.0) make halog entry and contact RC
- Arc energy NMR locked? ( (Goto ARC or the "Field Management Screen", and verify if the box locked is ON/OFF))
- Current Target
- Argon pressure (psi)
- Ethane pressure (psi)
- CO2 pressure (psi)
- Visual Hall Inspection OK?
Truck ramp door closed ( use the camera to see the door from mirror)?* Suggest remove
- Septum current (A) and polarity?
- Upstream/downstream corrector currents (A) ? * Suggest remove: we don't have correctors for our septum
- IHWP setting (IN/OUT)
- the button that is depressed is the setting I assume these are instructions (looks ok).
- PGUN and parity controls Do you want something specific from here?
- RHWP setting (value like 1532)
- Wien settings?
- Spin controls - jmenu search for spin I assume these are instructions (looks ok).
- FLIP(-LEFT) (-RIGHT)
- SAM HV
- Septum HV Add
- Left Arm momentum (GeV)
- Left Arm Q1, Q2, D, Q3 regulartors on (yes/no, ask experts)? Suggest removing "on" since it hints that we need it on and I think we won't use them because they are set to momentum.
- Left Arm cryo flow level OK? Yes/No He>60% (Ignore Nitrogen)
- Left Arm NMR OK? Yes/No
- Left Arm Q1 Momentum (GeV/c) / current (A) / B-Field (+/-G)
- Left Arm Q2 Momentum (GeV/c) / current (A) / B-Field (+/-G)
- Left Arm D Momentum (GeV/c) / current (A) / B-Field (+/-G)
- Left Arm Q3 Momentum (GeV/c) / current (A) / B-Field (+/-G)
- Is Left VDC gas flow (top/bottom) on?
- Left VDC HV on (top/bottom)? (off normally)
- VDC thresholds (All 4 values should be 3.0 V, yes/no) (off normally)
Left Cerenkov HV on?Agreed
Left Pion rejector HV on?Agreed
- Main Detector HV
- GEM HV Add "normally off"
- Left s0/s2m HV on (s0 may be off for production, check with expert)?
- Check online plots (y/n)? -LHRS
Similar to Left arm
- Right arm momentum (GeV)
- Right Arm Q1, Q2,D,Q3 regulartor on? (yes/no)
- Right arm cryo flow level OK? Yes/No He>60% (Ignore Nitrogen)
- Right Arm NMR OK? Yes/No
- Right Arm Q1 Momentum (GeV/c) / current (A) / B-Field (+/-G)
- Right Arm Q2 Momentum (GeV/c) / current (A) / B-Field (+/-G)
- Right Arm D Momentum (GeV/c) / current (A) / B-Field (+/-G)
- Right Arm Q3 Momentum (GeV/c) / current (A) / B-Field (+/-G)
- Is Right VDC gas flow (top/bottom) on?
- Right VDC HV on (top/bottom)? (off normally)
Right Cerenkov HV on?
Right Pion rejector HV on?
- Right s0/s2m HV on?
- Main Detector HV
- GEM HV
Right SCIFI HV off (should be off during production runs, y/n)?
S3 HV off (ch 6 of SCIFI HV GUI, should be off for production)?
- Check online plots (y/n)? -RHRS
- Latest run type (Test, Physics,..)
- Is the auto replay script running (ask the analysis expert)?
Is the APEX run list (in a white binder) completed?Agreed
Please attach the left/right HV and Scalers Screenshots to the shift reportSuggest to modify to: Attach Hall A Tools screenshot, Septum Power supply screenshot, Septum pipe temperature screenshots, Collimator water temperature screen shots to shift report.
- Check scalers Not sure we will keep the scalers during regular production running.
- Time of beginning of latest run (RHRS) Modify (RHRS) to Integrating DAQ
- Latest run number
Dead time (%)Agreed
- Beamtime accounting table submitted? Generally this is done one hour before the end of shift so I am not sure how useful it is. Unless we want them to check this at the very end of the run; but that runs into the issue that they already took ~7h of data (possibility with problems).
In counting house
- Is the volume up on hacweb7? (both hardware and software)
- VESDA System OK? (VESDA is the smoke/fire detection and alarm system. Check the Hall A VESDA Console on the wall beside the door to the compter room
- Empty drip tray and place mug under spout on coffee maker
- Press the buttons on either side of the tray and pull toward you
- Place a mug under the spout while emptying the tray (and the previous mug) in the bathroom sink
- Replace the tray by sliding back into the machine
- Place a mug under the spout to help keep the tray from overflowing