From PREX Wiki
Revision as of 01:03, 1 February 2020 by Chandabindu
Not applicable for CREX
- If target is in place, turn off scintillator and VDC voltages before putting 1uA current on target to avoid damaging detectors.
- Prepare: bring up the BPMPanels stripchart so we can see cavity (Cav 4B and 4D) and stripline (4A and 4E) X and Y position readbacks. (The cavity readbacks are meaningless at high currents)
- Establish 1 uA beam using the slow target lock to hold the position at nominal (recorded on the whiteboard)
- Record the cavity X and Y positions.
- Call MCC and tell them you would like to use the low current cavity lock. Give them the desired positions for bpms 4B and 4D
- Switch to this lock and verify the positions do not change.
- reduce current to "about 20nA". Even better if you know about what attentuator and slit setting will get you the desired current, but otherwise the operator can set you up.
- At very low currents, the readback and the lock will become unstable. Keep an eye on the stripchart to make sure the cavity bpms are still functioning at your working current.