From PREX Wiki
Revision as of 09:14, 30 July 2019 by Caryn Palatchi
|Experts on call|
|Hall A Tools|
|Set HRS magnets|
|Online analysis How-To|
|Trouble-shooting the High Voltage GUI|
|Shift Checklist Instructions|
|Full HOW TOs|
Shift Leader Responsibilities
- Communicate clearly and effectively with shift crews and MCC (7047)
- arrive ~10 min. early to your shift to talk with the previous shift crew
- Answer the phone
- Communicate with the RC
- Consult the Daily Run Plan and contact the run coordinator whenever problems happen that cannot be solved by shift workers
- Log any status information to the HALOG (Make sure to log in!)
- Maintain data taking quality and an efficient use of beam time
- Use Panguin to evaluate data quality
- Post Snapshots with HALOG of important information at least twice a shift.
- Include- Hall A tools, BPM strip-charts, and BCM strip-charts.
- Include any snapshots of the details after a change
- Please feel free to post these Snapshots more often
- Keep track of beam time accounting
- Follow the directives in the COO!
- Log the following in an end of shift summary in the HALOG:
- run list (describing the goal of this run: eg production on Pb, BCM calibration...) and report main statistic numbers
- any major events, including hall access (in addition to making log entries when they happen)
- Complete the Shift Checklist at the beginning of the shift - see Instructions
- Print off additional run sheets (printer "chax"): https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3700479
- A PREX analysis shift worker will be on hand for most shifts (although not required by the COO) to help out in high demand situations. Please coordinate with them as well.
- Read Common Problems for information on how to deal with common issues cropping up