PREX/CREX Dec 18 2017 11:00am EDT
From PREX Wiki
Revision as of 10:54, 9 January 2018 by Ciprian Gal
BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 International toll number: 408-740-7256 Bluejeans CODE: 847 917 938 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/847917938 Offline room: CEBAF Center F227
- Corrector magnets: Ciprian docDBpage drawing1 drawing2 drawing3 drawing4
- CG: looks like it would be impossible to place any of these correctors after the 8in gate valve. Will talk to Robin to better understand their thinking.
- KP: plan should be to design a shielded beamline (either replace the current one or shield the current one) if correctors can't work.
- FLUKA simulation update: Victoria docDBpage
- VO: cross checks: power deposited (agrees with G4 within 10%) and comparisons with Qweak W plug (~same order of magnitude). CG: the Qweak plug agreement is relatively ok according to RadCon (George K)
- VO: added the stainless steel box which provides some additional shielding. Still need to add DS flange and that will provide some self shielding.
- VO: might be interested in looking at offset beam. CG: we should focus on the center first. KP: the power sensitivity is about 10% for 1 mm offset
- VO: 30cm from source and 100mRem is high rad area
- VO: look at electronics damage or boundary dose.
Tyler K, Dave G, Sanghwa P, Ciprian G, Adam Z, Bob M, David A, Victoria O, Kent P, Ryan R, Seamus R, Dustin M, Jay B, Cameron C, Devi , Tao Y, Caryn P, Paul S, Guido U, Silviu D,